Monday, August 28, 2017

Week 32: Staying in Cumbernauld


Hey guys!
So this week was Elder Udy's last week and he went to the mission home last Saturday to say good bye to the mission president and flies home this morning for Texas. I am staying with some elders in Glasgow until I pick up my companion Elder Bain later today. I think he is from Utah but I am not entirely sure. He's a good missionary though and I'm sure we'll get along great.
This week has been very interesting since Elder Udy went home on Saturday. Because he went home on Saturday, I was in Glasgow for church on Sunday which was neat. So I wasn't at church in Cumbernauld but John still came to church. He just came back from a trip to Hungary so we didn't have an opportunity to meet with him this past week but we should be able to this week. The rest of this week has been filled with some more finding and packing. Elder Udy had a lot of stuff to take home so it took some time to pack it all. We also met with Gordon again this week. He still has a few doubts about the church but we're trying to continue to get him to come to church.
So the Scottish word of the week is neds. Ned stands for Non-Educated-Delinquents. It is mainly to describe teenagers who don't know any better. I know it can sound kind of mean but it is a common phrase over here.
 I know you had a few questions for me as well so I'll try to answer them. There isn't really a car that I see the most often. Or maybe I just haven't picked up on it yet. Most of the missionaries that drive here in Scotland drive a car called a mereva. I forget which company makes it but it is either an English or French company. A typical work day for a Scotsman would be from 9-5 or maybe till six. Nothing over here is open 24 hours. Everything is generally closed by six.
So before I came to the library to email because it opens at 10 we went to see a cathedral. Here's a few pictures.


It was great to read your emails this morning. Thank you for your testimonies!
Love,
Elder Calley