Thursday, July 13, 2017

Week 26: I'm not in Waterford anymore...


July 11, 2017

Hey fam! How's everything going? I have never heard that a six month mark was called a bump before. Interesting to know. It's hard to believe that it has been six months already. The time seems to fly out here. So yesterday was moves day which is why I am emailing you today. I got moved from Waterford to Cumbernauld in Scotland. Cumbernauld is a town to the northeast of Glasgow. They have a ward of about 30 members I think, I haven't met any of them yet. My new companion is Elder Udy. By the way Elder Watson was companions with Elder Udy before he trained me. This is his last transfer before he goes home. It feels a little bit like deja vu with everyone that I serve with going home.

Anyways, it sounds like you had a good fourth of July. We had pancakes and pie at district meeting last week to celebrate the 4th. Last Friday, Elder Plewe started his trek to the mission home to fly back to Utah. So I spent a few days in Clonsilla which is a suburb of Dublin.

Our investigators in Waterford were doing good when I left. Ion is still reading his scriptures but wasn't able to meet with us before we left. Dion however, is coming to church this week so that should be exciting for the new missionaries! He calls us every night to let us know how his studies went. He read almost half of the Book of Mormon, from 2 Nephi through Mosiah while he was Elder Plewe's and my investigator. He is very diligent at reading his scriptures everyday. Hopefully the new missionaries can baptize him soon. One of the new missionaries going to Waterford is fresh out from the MTC.

This is my first day in Cumbernauld so I don't know much about the place but I'm sure that I'll get to know it better over time. The people here in Scotland have a very different accent and it will take some time getting used to. I was talking to someone at the bus station last night and I only understood every other word he said. The great thing about being a missionary is that the work and the gospel are the same everywhere!

Sadly, I do not have any pictures to send this week. The computers here don't have an sd card slot but I will definitely send pictures next week. Thank you guys so much for the package. The letters were great. Tell the young men they are awesome!

I love you guys,

Elder Calley

Oh yeah forgot about my new address. Oops didn't mean to leave that out. It's 12 Ivanhoe Road, Cumbernauld, Glasgow G67 4BH. Elder Udy was already in Cumbernauld. This is his 3rd transfer here. The ward here in Cumbernauld sounds a little bit smaller than the branch in Waterford, which is really weird. Hopefully I'll pick up some Scottish terms. There is one last Irish one though that I have. Sometimes people will say, That took the mick out of me. It essentially means that took a lot or took everything out of me. It was great talking to you! Talk to you next week. Thank you for your prayers!

Elder Kyle Calley
 12 Ivanhoe Road
Cumbernauld
 Glasgow, UK
G67 4BH