Monday, December 25, 2017

Week 49: So Transfers happened

December 19, 2017

Hey guys!

So transfers were yesterday. I am no longer in Cumbernauld. I'm now in Sligo with Elder Derry. Sligo is on the west coast of the Republic of Ireland. It seems really nice here. Elder Derry is awesome as well. He's from Texas and has been on his mission for about 6 months. I haven't seen too much of the area yet but I'm sure I'll be able to tell you more about it next week. It is much warmer over here than in Cumbernauld. There was a lot of ice there when I left. 

So the rest of my week was great. Elder Hoaldridge and I continued to visit with John. Him and the rest of the ward were pretty sad to see us leave right before Christmas but he was doing good when I left. Still reading the Book of Mormon every night and praying. We also had a ward Christmas party on Sunday night. There was a nice live nativity, some games, and some food at the end. John was there and he really enjoyed being able to talk to everyone in the ward. 

Speaking about Christmas, I did get your guys package, a day before I found out I was leaving Cumbernauld. I might have had to open it, sorry, because I couldn't take the box with me but I haven't read the letters yet. I'll save them till Christmas day. We also have a place to skype in Sligo so I'll probably be skyping around 3 to 3:30 pm my time. We've been instructed to keep them pretty short. President Donaldson wants us to keep them no longer than 45 minutes. 


Here's a couple pictures of me and Elder Derry. Elder Derry is bigger than what the photos show.

Well I love you guys. I hope you have a very merry Christmas up at the Hadley's. I'm looking forward to skyping you guys in a week!

Love,
Elder Calley

So as far as how I got there. I took a bus to Glasgow from Cumbernauld. Then  a bus from Glasgow to Stranraer. Then a ferry from Stranraer to Belfast. Then a bus from Belfast to Dublin and then we drove from Dublin to Sligo.We have a car here so that is really neat. Not many areas do in the mission. I also got to drive this morning. It was sweet but was really weird to drive on the left side of the road.  Elder Derry and I can both drive. I can only drive for about a month though because after one year your driving elegibility expires. So for question number one, I see President Donaldson at least once a transfer. We see him at each zone conference and at interviews each six weeks.


So in Scotland, one tradition is that they have a Christmas service on Christmas Day of just carols and being able to share the Christmas spirit with others. So the ward in Cumbernauld was having theirs on 11 to 12 on Christmas day.