Friday, December 8, 2017

Week 44: Staying in Cumbernauld

November 13, 2017

Kyle's Mailing Address:
Elder Kyle Calley
Scotland/Ireland Mission
51 Spylaw Road
Edinburgh
Scotland EH10 5BP
United Kingdom

Hey guys, 

This weekend has been kinda busy so far. So sorry but this email will probably be short. So as far as transfers go I am getting a greenie. I don't know anything about him but I go to Edinbrugh tomorrow to pick him up. Elder Orchard is leaving for Galway in Ireland. I'm really excited to get to train a new missonary though so I will let you know more about him next week.

We have been seeing John this week. He really enjoyed his time in Boston and New York. He went to church there and Mitt Romney's son was the Bishop in the ward he went to in Boston I think. John continues to pray and read everyday so we're just helping him make the next step to baptism. He just wants to be 100 percent sure of everything before he gets baptised. He does a lot of research on the church. He really just needs to take a step of faith because he keeps all of the commandments and comes to church every week. However, don't get me wrong, he is making little steps and will get baptised in his own time.

So they are beginning to advertise Christmas in Cumbernauld. Christmas is big in Scotland just like back home. We have some of the Christmas pass along cards already and will start using those with the 25 days of Christmas theme in December. I haven't heard any more news about us getting smart phones so we'll see what happens with that. I am a little nervous to train but I think it will be great. I remember when I was a greenie. I had no idea what I was doing as a missionary. I'm sure my companion will be in the same boat. 

It's good to hear from you guys. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Love you guys,
Elder Calley



By the way here is a photo of me, Elder Foster middle, and Elder Cosmas on the left. They are both in my MTC group and so we took a picture together at district meeting before transfers. Everyone in the Glasgow zone meets in Glasgow for district meeting.