Monday, December 25, 2017

Week 47: Christmas is coming…

December 4, 2017

Hey guys!

This week has been good. The Christmas buzz is already starting in Cumbernauld. It does feel like I have been here a long time and I have seen most of the neighborhoods here. We're still seeing John and Gordon. John is coming closer to baptism. We're helping him solve some concerns about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. 

So we had a weird kind of random story yesterday. We were doing some chapping and we were talking to this one guy and his dog ran out and we had to run through half of the neighborhood to catch it. I just thought it was kind of ironic because sometimes the dogs chase the missionaries instead of vice versa. (Don't worry though there haven't been any dogs chasing us in Cumbernauld. It was good though because we were able to talk to him some more. 

Anyways this week while I was studying about prophets this week and came across a scripture in Num 12:6 which says, And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream." So if someone is a prophet then they will receive revelation from God. I am grateful for prophets and other church leaders in my life to guide me to continue on the strait and narrow path back to my Heavenly Father. I know that our prophet on the earth today receives revelation from God for the church.

So I'm not sure if I've shared this Scottish word with you yet but it's “fit”. Up north especially near Aberdeen they use fit instead of what. So they'll say something like, "fit ya doing?" instead of what are you doing.

I hope you guys have a great week. 

Love,
Elder Calley

As far as living in Cumbernauld goes, it is more of like living in a suburb because just about everyone here goes to Glasgow on a regular basis. I've gotten asked to speak twice in Sacrament meeting since I've been here but each of my companions have had to speak once as well. So they ask the missionaries to speak about once every six weeks. We help out with the Sacrament quite a bit though and we teach gospel principles sometimes too.


I''ll try to send some more pictures next week.