Sunday, December 30, 2018

Weeks 98: Happy Late Thanksgiving!

Nov. 26, 2018
Hey guys! 
This week was good. Cork has been great so far. The city here is 200,000 something so there are always people to talk to here in the city centre. They also have a Uni called UCC here in Cork so there are a lot of uni students to talk to as well. Everyone tells me the branch here is supposed to be around 100 people but yesterday we got maybe 60 people at church. I think a lot of people were away on holiday. So for Thanksgiving we went over to the Thompson's an American family that moved here from Utah. It was very good food. We also had another Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday night at the Kalgari's which was good too. By the way Black Friday actually is a thing here in Cork and Friday night the city was buzzing since all of the shops were open late.

So this week was pretty good. We got a lot of potential people we could teach but it's getting closer to the holiday season and people are just getting more and more busy. But there are still people wanting to meet with us.

This week in my studies I studied Alma 8. How Alma was called to teach the people of Ammonihah and he was rejected pretty hard the first time but when he was asked by an angel to return to the same city that hated him he didn't hesitate to go. He prayed and asked for help and found Amulek but as he connected with God and pressed forward he was able accomplish what God had in store. I like this story because it reminds me that whenever I'm going through a hard time I can pray, reach out to others, and as I continue to be diligent in my efforts then I know that what my Heavenly Father has in store will come to pass maybe not in the time I want it but it will.

So here are some pictures of the city at night. Apparently right before I got here they put up and turned on all the Christmas lights and there's a lot of them here in Cork.



Great to talk to you guys! Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Calley