Sunday, December 30, 2018

Week 99: Christmas is Coming!!!

Dec. 3, 2018
Hey guys!

This week has been good. We taught a guy named Mitch that goes to the uni here in Cork and another guy named Laszlo from Hungary. They both agreed to read the Book of Mormon but they weren't able to come to church this Sunday. We're seeing them on Tuesday and Wednesday though. 

Yeah so Cork is a decent size city. Thankfully each team of missionaries has their own flat here. We also basically have free run of the city since we all serve within the same branch. So we all get to find and teach anywhere we want in the city but Elder Barlow and I mainly just stay on Patrick Street and Grand Parade which is right in the city centre but sometimes we'll walk down to the uni and GQ around there. By the way the other missionaries in the city are Elder Berry form Wales, Elder Alfonso from Spain, Elder Richardson from England, and Elder Skelton from Arizona. I never realised that it was one of the sunniest and still rains on average 206 days a year. I think this last week counts for at least 5 or 6 of those.

So I haven't done too many fun things in Cork. Usually for p-day we play rugby or american football which is pretty fun. Actually now that I think about that I have done some fun things. Every Friday the branch does volleyball for YSA and if we as missionaries bring investigators along then we can go too. It's a lot of fun.

So this week I've been studying Alma 56 about the 2,0000 stripling warriors and the faith they had instilled in them by their mothers and how they kept fostering that faith. A few things they had that made their faith what it was were their being steadfast, obeying with exactness, and putting trust in God continually. They didn't doubt in the things that they did but had trust that God would deliver them. I often think that some of these things are things that can easily be forgotten and it was a great reminder for me when I am in situations that I may not necessarily want to be in or that might be hard to be steadfast, obey with exactness, and at the end of the day trust God that everything will be okay. 

I love you guys! Have a great week! Good luck decorating the Christmas tree.

Love,

Elder Calley