Thursday, December 27, 2018

Week 95: Winter is Coming!!!

Nov. 5, 2018

Hey guys!

This week has been good. It's been getting colder but it's not bad. Elder Statie keeps asking me where all the snow is and I tell him he'll probably have to wait for Christmas. Elder Statie likes the cold and the rain since he has always had sun and warm temps in Bonaire. It's been a lot of finding this week with a few appointments falling through but we were still able to visit Alexandre this week and taught a good lesson on how the Lord can help us through challenges that we face.
We also weren't able to see Dewei since he had to work overtime again but we'll probably see him this Saturday.

This week should be good. Today is Guy Foxe day. Guy Foxe was a guy who tried to blow up Parliament and people celebrate by building huge bonfires and setting off fireworks. If you're in England they set off fireworks celebrating that he didn't blow up Parliament but in Scotland and Ireland they celebrate that he almost blew up Parliament.

We also have exchanges tomorrow in Dublin which should be fun. Also in my studies this week I studied Alma 37 where Alma is giving counsel to his son Helaman and I like how he mentions the Liahona and how it pointed where Lehi and his family needed to go. I often think our Liahona's are the Holy Ghost and just like the Liahona the Holy Ghost cannot guide us unless we have faith that God can help us and we are diligent in doing our part to make what we need come to fruition.

Sorry I forgot to take pictures again but I hope you enjoy the video I sent you.

Love you!

Elder Calley