Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Week 73: Back to Glasgow

June 5, 2018

Hey guys!

So transfers happened and I got moved from Sligo to Motherwell. I am whitewashing into the area with an Elder Jackson. He's from Arizona and has been out for 6 or 7 transfers. Motherwell is a town about 20 minutes south-east of Glasgow. It looks totally different from Cumbernauld but is comparable in size. 

So before I left in Sligo we taught James again this week. He had already read through 1 Nephi and told us he thought it wasn't a coincident he was reading the Book of Mormon but didn't commit to a baptismal date. But the sad part is that we got a text from him on Saturday letting us know that he didn't want us to come back. He didn't say why but Elder Fisk and I think it was due to him coming across some anti material. Good part of the week was we got Ovis to come to church with us again. He only stayed for Sacrament meeting but it was good. We had pretty much lost all contact with him but we saw him on the street on Saturday and he said he would come which was good. 

So as far as how transfers went. So we drove back to Dublin from Sligo on Sunday night, spent the night there, then took a bus to Belfast, from Belfast we took another short bus ride to where the ferry was and then took the ferry over to Cairnryan which is just outside the small town of Stranraer. Then we took a bus from Cairnryan to Glasgow and from there the zone leaders took us to our flat in Motherwell. I left Dublin at 7am then got to Belfast about 9:30am. The bus from Belfast to the ferry is about ten minutes. The ferry left at about 11:20 and got to Scotland right before 2pm. The bus from Cairnryan got me to Glasgow at about 4:30pm. I got to Motherwell at about 5:30pm. It took awhile for the zone leaders to get us here due to all the traffic. Oh by the way one of the zone leaders here in Glasgow is Elder Bain. One of my companions from when I was in Cumbernauld. 



I'm sorry but the only picture I took along moving back to Scotland was of some jellyfish that were off the side of the ferry right off the dock in Belfast. They're the little clear things in the picture.


Here's a picture of me and Elder Jackson.


So for P-day last Monday we went to a forest right next to Benbulbin. Sadly there really isn't a way to get to the top of Benbulbin but the view was beautiful. Sligo is much more beautiful than Motherwell.

Well, I hope you guys have a great week! 

Love,

Elder Calley