Saturday, February 4, 2017


No letter from Kyle this week but we did get a letter from Kyle’s Mission President.

Sister Donaldson, Elder Calley & President Donaldson
Dear Brother & Sister Calley,

On 31 January 2017, we welcomed Elder Calley to the Scotland/Ireland Mission.  He arrived safely from the Missionary Training Center and we are excited to have him in our mission.  One of our very best missionaries, Elder Watson, has been assigned to be his trainer.  Together they will serve in the Limerick Zone, Waterford Branch in The Republic of Ireland.

I will have the opportunity to meet with Elder Calley every six weeks.  In addition, your missionary will be writing me a weekly letter of his activities as well as a personal note.   He will also meet regularly with his district and zone leaders where he will be trained with other missionaries. 

We would encourage you to write him weekly letters of encouragement. Letters from home provide a powerful sustaining effect on the confidence and morale of our missionaries. We testify of the truthfulness of this work and are grateful to be a part of it.

Sincerely,

George R Donaldson

George R Donaldson, President


Elder Calley & Elder Watson

a little extra mission info that we got with the letter
Stirling, Scotland, 1898, David O. McKay: "I was homesick and a little discouraged on this day. As we were coming back into town, I saw an unfinished dwelling, over the front door of which was a stone on which there was a carving. That was most unusual, so I said to Elder Johnston, ‘I’m going to see what that is.’ I was half way up the gravelled walk when there came to my eyesight a strik-ing motto as follows, carved in stone: " ‘Whate’er Thou Art, Act Well Thy Part.’ I said to myself, or the Spirit within me, you are here as a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. That afternoon, I accepted the message given to me on that stone, and from that moment we tried to do our part as missionaries in Scotland"