Sunday, October 28, 2018

Week 91: Wow Conference Was Awesome!!!

Oct 8, 2018

Hey guys!

So Conference was really great! It'll be weird to see all of the changes take place when I get back. I really loved the talks though. There was a theme on getting through hard times with the Saviour's help.  One of my favorite talks was by Elder M. Joseph Brough. I really liked his talk about hard times and all the examples he gave briefly of people in the scriptures. How no matter what they went through they were still able to find joy. I know no matter what we're faced with we can get through it with the Saviour's help. I think this applies to so many people that we meet and teach and to everyone in general.

So Alexandre is doing good. His knee is getting better and with the amount of spare time that he's had recovering he's been reading the Book of Mormon quite a bit. His baptism is scheduled for this Saturday. He should be all ready to go this time. We don't need any permission to baptize in the lake since we don't have a baptismal font. I imagine the lake will be similar to lake superior this time of year. Eugene is also doing good. We don't get to see him as often as we do Alexandre but we finally got him to commit to reading the Book of Mormon before we see him again. 

Oh yeah transfers. So both Elder Statie and I are staying in Mullingar for another six weeks. Elder Statie is a really good companion. I've learned a few Spanish words and phrases like hasta luego means see you later and a few other words like batata means bicep.

I hope you guys have a great week! 

Love,
Elder Calley



Thank you so much for the package and letters! I loved them!