Sunday, August 26, 2018

Week 83: The Mission is Awesome!!!

Aug. 13, 2018

Hey guys!!!

So this past week was great! Except for the weather because it rained everyday this past week. However, Cynthia is still excited for this Saturday and we had an on-the-spot lesson with a guy named Banky. He's from Nigeria but has lived in Scotland for a while. We found him while I was on exchanges with Elder Rowlan and we were GQing in Hamilton. Banky's Pentecostal but he had some honest questions he wanted answers to like, "why do bad things happen to good people" and "how can I find better answers to pray and how can I move forward with the answers I do get when I'm praying". It was a really good lesson and we shared a brief restoration run down at the end and gave him a Book of Mormon. He was really excited to have a chance to read it. We're hopefully going to see him on Wednesday.

The rest of this week was good. Lots of finding but good. We had the Maxwells do a flat check and take us out to lunch.

Oh yeah so the European Championships ended yesterday. They had rowing and the triathlon going on at a park west of Motherwell. It was pretty exciting to see people from all over Europe. The rest of the events took place in Glasgow and I think a few of the events took place in Berlin. The picture is of the park when we were GQing in it.

I hope you guys have a great week!!!

Love,
Elder Calley

I'd say there are about 10-15 youth in Motherwell ward. As far as I know of they have taken President Nelson's challenge to heart. I think there are even some other members that are doing it too.