Monday, October 2, 2017

Week 38: Well Transfers happened




Oct. 2, 2017
Sounds like you guys had an amazing trip in France. Thanks for the pictures. So transfers happened this weekend. I am still in Cumbernauld but Elder Bain swapped places with Elder Orchard in Livingston. Elder Orchard is from St. Louis has been out for three months. He just moved from Livingston to Cumbernauld this morning so I am sure that I will be able to get to know him a bit better as the transfer moves on. ( I'll make sure to send a picture next week)


Conference was awesome! We got John to come with us to see the first three sessions in Glasgow. Elder Uchtdorf's talk in the Saturday Morning Session was one of my favorites.  We didn't get to see the Sunday Afternoon Session yesterday due to the time difference and so I didn't know that Elder Hales died until I read your emails. That is sad to hear.


Well, John is doing good. He continues to meet with us and keeps thinking about baptism. He takes really good care of us here in Cumbernauld. He had us over for dinner quite a few times this week. He said his favorite speaker from conference was Elder David F. Evans who spoke a lot on building a personal testimony and how we can through things such as scripture study and prayer.


By the way, I'm not sure if I told you this but John used to be a Free Mason and told us where the masonic lodge is in Cumbernauld so we took pictures in front of it.




We also rode bikes to a loch last p-day in Airdrie with the other Elders in our district. 






Elder Baklan is on the left and Elder Bain is on the right


So the closest soccer stadium I know of is in Glasgow. I think that is where the Celtics and Rangers play. Hot cereal is a thing here in Scotland and Ireland but its called porridge over here and is not as popular as back home I think.


I love you guys. Hope you have a good week of recuperation.


Love,


Elder Calley