Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Week 67 : Finally warming up here in Sligo


April 23, 2018

Hey guys! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! They were awesome!

So this week in Sligo has been good. The weather was fantastic! It was sunny and warm, a solid 60 degrees for a whole four days straight which is almost unprecedented here. Because it was so sunny, there were a lot of people out on the streets so we were able to have a few on-the-spot lessons with people. One of them was with a girl named Fiona who goes to the I.T. here and another was with Craig, who is a Chinese guy who is just finishing up school and looking for a summer job. We taught them both the restoration and it went pretty well. Craig had a lot of questions on agency and if our lives are predestined or not, so it was good to be able to answer them. We're supposed to meet with both of them again tomorrow and Wednesday.

So I forgot to explain more about my companion. He's from Springville, Utah which is right by Provo  He's only been four weeks, well, now five in the field, so not including MTC time. I am his training him for the second half. He's awesome though and training him has been fun for the past week! He was in the southside of Dublin for the past 4 weeks and is just ready to go and get the work done. Last p-day we hiked Knocknarea again. It was really rainy and windy up there though.

So this week in my studies I was studying in Alma 60 about Moroni's letter to Pahoran and how Moroni is pretty angry with how the government has dealt with his armies and how he is a staunch defender of liberty and the right to worship freely. I thought it was interesting how in the next chapter, the first thing Pahoran writes to Moroni is how he does not delight in his afflictions and later on he says that he rejoices in the greatness of Moroni's heart. I'm sure it would have been easy for Pahoran to have said to Moroni, hold on you don't no the whole story here, or you have dealt with me unjustly, but instead he rejoices with Moroni and does not take his rebuke personally. It must of taken a lot of charity and humility to write back what he did. It made me wonder if there are times when we have the opportunity to respond with charity and humility and if we are inclined to choose that route. Anyways, I know that was pretty long but that's my spiritual thought that I had this week. I hope the snow continues to melt and I'll try to send some of the warm weather here, your way. Haha.

Love you guys! 

Elder Calley