Monday, April 16, 2018

Week 64: Wow! That's a lot of changes

April 2, 2018

Hey guys! General Conference was awesome! Elder Derry and I got to watch every session except for the Sunday Afternoon Session. So I didn't know Home and Visiting Teaching got dissolved until I read your email this morning. Wow there were a lot of changes that happened this conference. There were a lot of good messages as well. I really enjoyed President Nelson's closing remarks Sunday Morning on how we need to make the effort to seek revelation for ourselves. 

Well, the rest of the week was good. We taught a lady named Kaya this week. She has ran into the Mormons before but decided to meet up with us this time. She goes to the Church of Ireland reguraly but is open minded. We're hoping to meet her again tomorrow or Tuesday.

This week was also Easter. Easter here seems to be more like Thanksgiving back home because everyone just gets together for a meal or they do the typical Irish thing to do on the weekend. There were quite a few people who asked us if we do anything special for Easter or Good Friday. We told everyone about how we get to listen to a prophet on Easter and how we can remember the Saviour's sacrifice for all of us and use the gift he has given to us. 

We also had our All-Ireland Conference which was really good. There was a lot of stress on teaching the doctrine of the sabbath day and how covenants that investigators make are between themselves and God.

I am so grateful to be able to serve out here in Ireland. I know that Jesus Christ leads and guides His church through President Nelson. I am grateful for the people I get to meet and help come closer to the Saviour. I hope you guys have a fantastic week!


Love,

Elder Calley